Reading Time: 2 minutes
At Teal Unicorn, our mission is to make work better for as many people as we can: better results, better lives, better society.
Humanity matters: ethics, empowerment, respect. You can’t make knowledge workers do anything well. You can only invite and enable.
The world is faster and more complex every day. What got you here won’t get you there. We must change how we operate, the system of work.
Understanding complexity changes the world. Command and plan no longer works. Collaborate and explore instead.
We are driven by concepts we summarise as Human Systems Adaptability, the new ways of thinking.
Our working principles are:
- We work as a team, we are inseparable.
- We work according to our beliefs and values.
- We hold our clients to their beliefs and values.
- If our values and our client’s values are incompatible, we disengage.
- We engage with a client only for so long as we are delivering value.
- We make ourselves obsolete at a client: to transfer knowledge and capability so that we are no longer needed.
- Our focus is our client not our competitors.
- We move faster, learn harder, are more original and insightful, and execute better than those who choose to compete with us.
- We are agile: we experiment, reflect, improve, and pivot. We plan for “n” months and vision “x” years out.
- We are in this to enjoy ourselves. We could make more money doing something else for less reward.
Our matariki are:
- To be better people.
- To make work better for as many people as we can: better results, better lives, better society.
- To work permanently in Vietnam for several years.