At Teal Unicorn, our mission is to make work better for as many people as we can: better results, better lives, better society.
Humanity matters: ethics, liberation, respect. You can’t make knowledge workers do anything well. You can only invite and enable.
The world is faster and more complex every day. What got you here won’t get you there. We must change how we operate, the system of work.
Understanding complexity changes the world. Command and plan no longer works. Collaborate and explore instead.
We are guided by concepts we summarise as Human Systems Adaptability, the new ways of thinking.
Our working principles are:
- We work as a team, we are inseparable.
- We are apolitical yet socialist.
- We work according to our beliefs and values.
- We hold our clients to their beliefs and values.
- If our values and our client’s values are incompatible, we disengage.
- We engage with a client only for so long as we are delivering value.
- We make ourselves obsolete at a client: we transfer knowledge and capability so that we are no longer needed.
- Our focus is our client not our competitors.
- We care about individuals as much as clients. We help everyone we can, especially women and those entering the workforce.
- We move faster, learn harder, are more original and insightful, and execute better than those who choose to copy us.
- We are agile: we experiment, reflect, improve, and pivot. We plan for “n” months and vision “x” years out.
- We are in this to enjoy ourselves. We could make more money doing something else for less reward.
Our matariki (guiding stars) are:
- To be better people.
- To make work better for as many people as we can: better results, better lives, better society.
- To bring joy for others and ourselves.
- To make the world a better place.